| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Sydney, Nova Scotia in January is cold at -5.4 °C (22.28 °F).
- Afternoons can be slightly cold with average high temperatures reaching -1.3 °C (29.7 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cold with an average low of -9.6 °C (14.7 °F).
- In January there is a variation/ range of daily average temperatures of 8.3 °C (14.9 °F).
- The weather in January is a little damp with snow periodically. Some 151.6mm (6in) of water falls across an average of 17 days.
- The skies in Sydney, Nova Scotia are very dim having on average a scanty 2:25 of brilliant sunshine daily.
- The shortest day is 8:41 long and the longest day is 9:34 long with an average length of 9:03.
- There are approximately 6:27 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 27.3% of daylight hours and cloudy 72.7% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Sydney, Nova Scotia January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Sydney, Nova Scotia:
- Grindstone Island, Qc, Canada - 193.5 kms (120.3 miles) NW
- Chatham, Nb, Canada - 423.8 kms (263.3 miles) WNW
- Chéticamp, Ns, Canada - 87.1 kms (54.1 miles) NW
- Summerside, Pe, Canada - 292.1 kms (181.5 miles) W
- Charlottetown, Pe, Canada - 237.3 kms (147.5 miles) W
- Charlottetown (Cda), Pe, Canada - 237 kms (147.3 miles) W
- Moncton, Nb, Canada - 357.5 kms (222.2 miles) W
- Greenwood, Ns, Canada - 401.1 kms (249.2 miles) WSW
- Halifax, Stanfield Inter, Ns, Canada - 305.5 kms (189.9 miles) WSW
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada - 322.3 kms (200.3 miles) WSW
- Shearwater, Ns, Canada - 318.9 kms (198.1 miles) WSW
- Deer Lake, Nf, Canada - 392.8 kms (244.1 miles) NNE
- Stephenville, Nf, Canada - 286.3 kms (177.9 miles) NNE
- Port Aux Basques, Nf, Canada - 170.6 kms (106 miles) NNE
- Alert Bay, Bc, Canada - 366.3 kms (227.6 miles) ENE
- Sable Island, Ns, Canada - 248.5 kms (154.4 miles) S